What is WebRTC
Links: 300 home
Recommended Reads: Description:
- WebRTC is an open framework for the web that enables Real Time Communications in the browser.
- Initially for connecting the clients there is a need of a server (signalling server), once connected there is no need of servers to transfer data, data is transferred using peer to peer connection.
- Signalling server allows the two parties to safely exchange connection data but never touches the data that is transferred between the peers.
- It includes the fundamental building blocks for high-quality communications on the web, such as network, audio and video components used in voice and video chat applications.
- The main difference between Skype and WebRTC is that there is no need to install any software.
SDP, ICE, Stun servers, difficult since there our devices our behind NAT firewalls.
- We have free stun servers from google.
Last updated: 2022-05-13