KodeCloud CKA Kubelet
Links: 111 KodeCloud Index
- Kubelet in the worker node registers the node with the k8s cluster.
- When it receives request from the api server to run a pod it instructs the container runtime to pull the image and run the pod.
Kubelet continues to monitor the state of pods and reports to the kubeapi-server on a timely basis.
If we use kubeadm to setup the cluster it DOES NOT install the kubelet
- This is the difference from other components
- We must manually install kubelet on the worker nodes.
- We have to download the binary and run it as a service on the worker node.
Last updated: 2022-10-10