Linux Using fd
Links: 104 Linux Index
It is not meant to replace
find or have all its utilities.
It can be used in scenarios where you need to find things quickly It comes with sensible defaults
brew install fd
- Ignores hidden directories and files by default and the patters from
- By default finds both files and directories
find . -iname "*PATTERN*"
- By default finds both directories and files.
- Smart case: the search is case-insensitive by default.
- It switches to case-sensitive if the pattern contains an uppercase character.
- Regular expression:
- Specifying a root directory: Second argument
- List Everything:
- Searching for a file extension
- Searching a specific file or folder
- Hidden and Ignore files:
-Hfor hidden files
Last updated: 2022-06-14