Links: 102 AWS DVA Index
- Software packages depend on each other to be built (also called code dependencies), and new ones are created.
- Storing and retrieving these dependencies is called artifact management
- Traditionally you need to setup your own artifact management system
- CodeArtifact is a secure, scalable, and cost-effective artifact management for software development
- Works with common dependency management tools such as Maven, Gradle, npm, yarn, twine, pip, and NuGet
- Developers and CodeBuild can then retrieve dependencies straight from CodeArtifact
- It can be used to proxy requests to other 3rd party artifact repositories. Advantages:
- This provides security
- Even if the repository disappears from the public artifact repository you will have a copy of it.
- CodeBuild can directly fetch from the CodeArtifact.
- You can publish your own artifacts to the CodeArtifact.
- Everything is inside your VPC.
Last updated: 2022-05-17