Links: 101 AWS SAA Index
SQS + Lambda¶
- DLQ is at the SQS side.
SNS + Lambda¶
- If we connect SNS + Lambda and lambda fails to process the message it will try it internally 3 times.
- If we want to preserve the message then we can setup a DLQ at the lambda service level.
- This is a different architecture. For SQS + Lambda DLQ is set at the SQS side whereas for SNS the DLQ is set at the lambda side.
- We know S3 events have 3 destinations → SQS, SNS, Lambda
- Enable versioning
- If you are using lambda to consume the events then it is advised to have a DLQ on the lambda's side.
Last updated: 2022-05-01