Links: 101 AWS SAA Index
- In EC2 Hibernate RAM is preserved in the EBS volume.
- Some use cases of this would be saving the ram state (redis) or services that take a long time to initialise.
- RAM size cannot be greater than 150 GB.
- An instance cannot be hibernated for more than 60 days.
- Hibernate is not supported on bare metal.
Root EBS volume must be encrypted to use hibernate.
Instance storage is not supported.
Use hibernate if you want to keep the instance pre-warmed so it can launch the analysis right away when needed. Custom AMIs cannot be used to pre-warm the instances.
Last updated: 2022-05-05